DAVID’s “Surgery” Continues Humorous Campaign For The One Show 2022 Call for Entries
DAVID Miami continues the spoof of TV medical dramas with the final spot in its witty “Medicine Avenue” digital film campaign to promote The One Show 2022 call for entries.
Playing off the style of TV episode previews, complete with scenes of frenzied operating rooms, emotional interactions between doctors, moody music and cliffhangers, the campaign pokes fun at the creative process by replacing medical terminology with dubbed dialogue of ad jargon commonly heard in agencies around the world.
The new spot, titled “Surgery”, humorously equates advertising’s creative and production processes with TV emergency room action, complete with overly dramatic doctor and staff interactions.
Advertising doesn’t save lives, they say. Yet people in our industry tend to take their jobs a little too seriously – especially when it comes to awards, said Rafael Donato, CCO, DAVID Miami at the time of the launch. So for this year’s One Show campaign, we created an actual drama series, ‘Medicine Avenue’, which spoofs all the drama we create for ourselves in our day-to-day. It’s a little self-deprecation we hope everyone will identify with, and we sincerely appreciate The One Club for letting us poke fun at ourselves like this.
Entries to The One Show can be submitted now, with fees increasing after each deadline period. The third entry deadline is February 4, 2022, and final deadline March 4, 2022.
Entries will be judged by a jury of nearly 400 top creatives from 48 countries. Judging will be conducted online, no physical entries will be accepted this year. All entry media must be uploaded into the online entry system.
Judging will start in March 2022, with finalists announced in May. The One Show 2022 Gold, Silver and Bronze Pencil winners will be announced during Creative Week in May 2022.
Agencies, brands, production companies and individuals responsible for winning work each year are highlighted in The One Show Global Rankings, the ad industry’s most respected global measure of creative success. Winners are ranked globally, regionally and by country.
As a nonprofit organization, The One Club for Creativity puts revenue generated from The One Show entry fees back into the industry to fund programming under the nonprofit organization’s four pillars: Education, Inclusion & Diversity, Gender Equality and Creative Development.
- Client: The One Club for Creativity for The One Show 2022
- Campaign: “Medicine Avenue”
- Agency: DAVID Miami
- Global CCO & Partner: Pancho Cassis
- Global COO: Sylvia Panico
- Managing Director: Ricardo Honegger
- CCO: Rafael Donato
- Associate Creative Director: Sergio Takahata
- Associate Creative Director: Nellie Santee
- Senior Art Director: João Viégas
- Senior Copywriter: Vanessa de Beaumont
- Head of Account: Luiza Prata Carvalho
- Group Account Director: Mariana D’Aprile
- Management Supervisor: George Quiroz
- Senior Account Executive: Margarita Peña
- Executive Producer: Brenda Morrison Fell
- Senior Producer: Esteffania Najera
- Associate Producer: Margarita Castro
- Director of Business Affairs: Barbara Karalis
- Business Affairs Manager: Elizabeth Torriente
PRODUCTION HOUSE: Primo
- Director: Santi Elias
- Executive Producer: Caro Cordini
- Producer: Gala Gonzalez Costes
- Head of Production Gabriel Ferrari
- Production Service Uruguay: Metanoia
- DOP: German Nocella
- AD: German Zecchi
- Production Designer: Mariana Rivero
- Stylist: Gabriela de Armas
- Post Production House: Primo Post
- Postproducer: Sebas Lopez
- Editor: Paula Baialardo
- Color Correction: Dani Carrizo
AUDIO, MUSIC & VO: Pickle Music
- Music & Music Publisher: Pickle Music
- Sound Design, VO & Mix: Pickle Music
- Music Creative Director: Alexis Estiz
- Composer: Alexis Estiz, Sebastian Fucci, Dario Calequi,
- Producer: Lupita Alvarez